CEDD® is an innovative contactless energy and communication technology. Energy and data transport are combined in a two-wired cable system, a base station and contactless user points. With this structured cable concept, lighting on airfields can easily be installed or replaced without making electrical contact with the power or data cable.
The advantages of the CEDD® system in a shortlist:
- Easy and quick installation
- High safety and efficiency
- Water, oil and chemical resistant
- Smart and smooth maintenance
- Low cost of ownership
- Low downtime
- No electrical connection
The CEDD® system is especially designed for situations with high safety requirements and continuous operation such as at airport runways. The main advantage of a contactless communication and energy system is that electrical contact with the cable during construction or maintenance can be prevented. The cable is then protected against water leakage and oxidation. This reduces maintenance costs significantly.
1. Insert cable
'One click‘ connection: No installation tools and materials needed
One cable for power and communication means less cable and sleeves
- No high voltages, no transformers, no traditional power carrier technology
- No galvanic connection or corrosive contacts
- No sparks thanks to double insulation