CEDD® Airfield Ground Lighting
CEDD is a smart, safe and sustainable airfield ground lighting technology, designed for LED. Energy and data transport are combined in a single cable. Airfield lights receive their power and data by means of induction, removing the need for transformers and connectors in the field. The lights can easily and safely be installed or replaced without making electrical contact.
CEDD lights are individually addressable, allowing for greater flexibility in managing airfield lighting. It makes the system highly suitable for floating ‘Follow-the-Greens’ applications. Using up to 70% less energy than regular LED AGL systems, CEDD reduces the airfield’s environmental impact.
- Built-in individual light control & monitoring
- Active light calibration ensuring a consistent uniform light pattern
- Predictive maintenance based on diagnostics information from the light fixtures
- Real-time light status and switching of lights in less than 0.5 s
- Remote monitoring and asset management
- Fast installation process leading to significant reduction of airfield downtime
- Up to 70% lower energy consumption compared to regular LED AGL
- Ready for sensor-based light pattern integration such as Follow-the Greens, leading to significant reduction of NOx and CO2 because of improved traffic fluency
CEDD is the acronym of Contactless Energy and Data Distribution. As the name suggests, energy and data are transmitted from the cable to the fixture without direct electrical contact. This eliminates the need for connectors and transformers, simplifying the installation process with a plug-and-play concept.
All the CEDD fixtures are certified by TÜV Rheinland according to ICAO and EASA standards. The CEDD system complies with regulations set by ICAO and FAA.